Monday 18 September 2017

baseball!

baseball, it's almost playoff time baby!

earlier this summer i became obsessed with getting a few genuine mlb balls. any idiot can buy a new ball but i wanted a few that were genuine and had actually been handled by real players so the hunt was on.  i found cool store on the west side so it was time to hop on the scooter and score some balls!
i bought a few and liked them so much i went and bought more. 

last week while watching a game on tv and fondling my balls i decided it was time to dig out my old glove. i searched everywhere and couldn't find it. i even hauled everything out of the crawl space and still no glove. i was totally bummed out. it was a great glove that my parents bought me almost 50 years ago and it was very well used and cared for. a perfect pocket and beautiful smooth soft leather. it might still be around the house but the hunt was on for a new glove.

i wanted to get a rawlings heart of the hide or wilson A2000 but couldn't find the right color and model so it was time to hit craigslist. i couldn't find what i wanted but ended up buying 3 not so great gloves. i went to look at one glove but the silver tongued devil selling it talked me into buying 2. then he threw in a 3rd glove for free.

two of them were hard as rocks so it's giving me something to do, soften the sons of bitches up. so i soaked the brown one in water and tied it up, i tied up the black one without soaking it so i could compare the success of the techniques. in a few days i'll untie the brown one, toss it in the dryer and begin working on the son of a bitch.

the smaller brown/pink glove was the free throw in and it's really an interesting glove, an 11 inch woman's fastpitch glove.  it's a really cool little glove with a large pocket for the large ball. a fastpitch ball is larger than a baseball but smaller than a softball.  

so far i love the woman's glove.  my only problem is rip keeps trying to steal my balls.

spark a bud and fondle my balls.  if that isn't nice, what is?

billy loves you sons of bitches. 

6 comments:

  1. Lol. When I was a kid, I slept on mine to break it in. But I also used the hell out of it. There weren't women's gloves then that I saw, anyway. My dad helped me pick the right glove. It was a Rawlings with the basket weave pocket. Sometimes we would spend hours playing catch. At least until the pain caught up. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was playing catch with my daughter on saturday and it was a blast. i can catch ok but i can't throw for sour apples, an old shoulder injury is very painful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're into memorabilia, how about locating the glove used by Steve McQueen in 'The Great Escape'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right now i'm into getting the little pink glove soft and molded to my hand. my goals are modest.

      Delete
  4. It has been a long time since I had to break in a glove. Holy cannoli. I remember wrapping about 1,000 rubber bands around it and then sleeping with it under my pillow. I have no idea why people did this but that is how I was taught. Good luck with your balls, Mr. Rosewater.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for your continuing support mr shife. my balls seem to prefer being fondled by the pink ladies glove rather than the manly black glove.

    ReplyDelete