Saturday 22 May 2021

 erosive osteoarthritis

if that isn't painful, what  is?

my fingers have been painful for a while and the doctor usually blew me off but he finally took me seriously and ran  some tests.  he  was perplexed by the results and referred me to a rheumatologist. the x-rays showed mangled fingers etc that looked like rheumatoid arthritis  but i  tested negative  for  the r.a. markers and that's what stumped my family doctor.

the rheumatologist asked me countless  questions, then his old nurse asked me more questions and they said they would get back to me. the next time he asked me more questions and he seemed to know more about me than i knew myself. he had my complete family history at this fingertips. ain't technology wonderful. the result  was a diagnosis of erosive osteoarthritis. a good news,  bad news diagnosis.

it's better than rheumatoid  arthritis  but a lot worse than other forms of arthritis.  i didn't  pay much attention after he told me that  i didn't have  rheumatoid arthritis because i was happy that my immune  system  wasn't running amok. but the next day i read all about erosive osteoarthritis and got a little bummed out. it looks like my hands will be pretty fucked in 5 years.

my fingers are very sore and if i do too much work or lifting, the pain lasts all day and i get wonderful streams of pain going up my arms. the doctor asked me how  much tylenol/advil i was taking  and happily told me  not to worry, i could up my dosage a few times before thinking about other options.

i was bummed out for about a day but luckily i decided to shift  realities. my new reality will  feature the  biggest tv i can  fit  into the bat cave and an upgraded killer sound system. i'll also do a lot of fishing.






8 comments:

  1. Yikes! I’m sorry. I’ve adjusted my reality to the beach at Seaside, Or. I must return to my reality tomorrow. For now I’m feeling serene, watching people fly kites and my grands picking up shells. I highly recommend any beach as medication for your soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my goddamned brain doesn't do thing i tell it so i have to let it take me wherever it wants to go.

      Delete
  2. I am sorry about the errorsive arthritis. Any recommended treatments perhaps extra calcium to try to slow the progression?

    Also sorry about your plants! I hope the replacements grow abundantly..... and from what I have read..... I believe I would also hope the flowers would be quite sticky and perfuse with resins... at least that is where it seems the pleasing intoxicating compounds are found.

    I really someday have to try a way to find out what that is like myself. I always imagine it is like the most pleasant of drunks but perhaps a bit more so? It sounds like it would be incredibly enjoyable.

    PipeTobacco

    ReplyDelete
  3. And.... I keep reading that there is no hangover either!!!!

    PipeTobacco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you'd love it. the trick is take very small amounts. it's like a sub woofer with a movie, it's only good when it's subtle.

      Delete
  4. Well, that sounds like it really sucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. on the plus side i don't have to worry about becoming a brain surgeon anymore.

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear about the diagnosis, Mr. Rosewater. I am glad you were able to shift realities and get your mind focused on something else. Hopefully medicine and technology will have improved in the next few years to make things better for you.

    ReplyDelete