Saturday 10 December 2016

the conundrum

although i'm living alone at the moment and have no special love of xmas, i thought it might be a good idea to put up the fake xmas tree. i had never assembled the current fake tree, my littlest angel always did this but she's flown the coop. it was me and rip against the tree.

after about 10 minutes, i gave up. assembling the base proved to be an exercise in frustration so i gave up before frustration led me to tossing the whole thing in the trash. here is the conundrum that i often face:

putting on some mellow music and sparking a bud would most certainly curb my frustration and make life easier for rip but there is a downside to this plan. my mental faculties decline with this plan and there's a good chance i'd just end up listening to the music and ignoring the mess on the floor. the classic conundrum, medicate and lose some brain power or tackle the son of a bitch head on and risk going berserk. i chose the 3rd option, put the son of a bitch back in the box.

i briefly toyed with the idea of calling my littlest angle and asking for guidance but that would be admitting the game is over, senility could not be denied.

well, i went back to the tree and got the son of a bitch assembled but it looked like shit so once again, i cut my losses and put it back in the box. this time though, i put the box back in the crawl space so the great xmas tree experiment ended in failure. fuck me, now i know how that idiot hillary feels. but i didn't blow 1.2 billion on the tree.

rowdy roddy always lifts my spirits.

billy loves you sons of bitches.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. yeah, xmas lost its luster when i quit drinking.

      Delete
  2. I never liked a tree I couldn't climb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. then i guess you never met a tree you didn't like.

      Delete
  3. I broke down and got a fake tree. Found it at thrift store for $3.99....It went up quicker then a real tree.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. with your craft work, you have much better hand/eye coordination than me.

      Delete
  4. We are in the process of moving, so our tree is still in the box. Maybe in a week or two. This is our second fake tree. The first was a hand me down. Ugly is a good word for it. It was hard to puzzle out too. Our newer one was much easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. moving, you have my sympathy and empathy. i takes me years to remember where my stuff is then every time we move i'm right back at square one.

      Delete
  5. Sometimes you just have to know when to cut your losses. And way to find the silver lining in the whole thing. I'm glad you didn't blow 1.2 billion either. Take care, Mr. Rosewater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not having a tree is the best solution. living alone can be a wonderful thing, but alas, all things must pass.

      Delete
  6. I have an extra tree I can ship!! Have a Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hope your tree doesn't have chinese instructions.

      Delete